Workforce Innovation Technical Assistance Center
Program Office: Rehabilitation Services Administration
CFDA Number: 84.264G
Program Type: Discretionary/Competitive Grants
The purpose of the Workforce Innovation Technical Assistance Center (WINTAC) is to provide training and technical assistance to State vocational rehabilitation (VR) agencies on the new statutory requirements imposed by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). The WINTAC will develop and provide training and technical assistance to State VR agency staff and related rehabilitation professionals and service providers to help them develop the skills and processes needed to meet the requirements of WIOA.
The WINTAC is responsible for providing universal, targeted, and intensive technical assistance in five topic areas related to implementation of WIOA in State VR agencies. The five topic areas are:
- Provision of pre-employment transition services to students with disabilities and supported employment services to youth with disabilities
- Implementation of the requirements in section 511 of the Rehabilitation Act that are under the purview of the Department of Education;
- Provision of resources and strategies to help individuals with disabilities achieve competitive integrated employment, including customized employment and supported employment;
- Integration of the State VR program into the workforce development system; and
- Transition to the new common performance accountability system.