The U.S. Department of Education today released the Administration's budget request for the 2019 fiscal year. The budget builds upon President Donald J. Trump’s commitment to expand educational freedom for all families and return power to local leaders. “The president’s budget request expands education freedom for America’s families while protecting our nation’s most vulnerable students,” said Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos. “The budget also reflects our commitment to spending taxpayer dollars wisely and efficiently by consolidating and eliminating ineffective federal programs that are better handled at the state or local level. I look forward to working with Congress to pass a budget that puts students first and returns power in education to where it belongs: with states, districts and families.”
The following materials show what this budget provides for the programs and activities of the Department of Education:
- Press Release
- FY 2019 Education Budget Fact Sheet [PDF, 46K]
- FY 2019 Education Budget Cap Addendum [PDF, 33K]
- The FY 2019 Education Budget Summary and Background Information [PDF, 437K] provides program information and detailed budget tables.
- The FY 2019 Justifications of Appropriations Estimates to the Congress
- FY 2019 Budget [PDF, 332K]