Disclaimer Non-U.S. Department of Education web sites linked by OCTAE contain information related to OCTAE and are linked as a public service only. The U.S. Department of Education does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of this outside information.
Institute for Education Sciences Centers
- The National Center for Education Research (NCER) — supports rigorous research that addresses the nation’s most pressing education needs, ranging from early childhood to adult education.
- The National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) — is the primary federal entity for collecting and analyzing data related to education.
- The National Center for Education Evaluation and Regional Assistance (NCEE) — conducts unbiased large-scale evaluations of education programs and practices supported by federal funds; provides research-based technical assistance to educators and policymakers; and supports the synthesis and wide spread dissemination of the results of research and evaluation throughout the United States.
- The National Center for Special Education Research (NCSER) — sponsors a comprehensive program of special education research designed to expand the knowledge and understanding of infants, toddlers and children with disabilities.
Community College, Postsecondary, and Career & Technical Education Research Centers
- Community College Research Center — CCRC leads two research centers funded by grants from the U.S. Department of Education's Institute of Education Sciences.
- National Center for Innovation in Career and Technical Education (NCICTE) — performs scientifically based research and evaluation to expand the understanding, increase the effectiveness, and improve the delivery of career and technical education (CTE).
- National Center for Postsecondary Research (NCPR) — focuses on measuring the effectiveness of programs designed to help students make the transition to college and master the basic skills needed to advance to a degree. NCPR is currently pursuing research in dual enrollment; postsecondary remediation, including learning communities; and financial aid.
- Center for the Analysis of Postsecondary Readiness (CAPR) – Conducts research that will document current practices in developmental English and math education across the U.S., identify innovative practices in assessment and instruction, evaluate the efficacy of practices that show promise of improving student outcomes, and assess the scalability of these models.
- Center for Analysis of Postsecondary Education and Employment (CAPSEE) — Carries out research to better understand the employment and earnings benefits associated with a broad range of postsecondary education pathways, including those at the sub-baccalaureate level. CAPSEE also seeks to identify policies that improve completion rates along pathways leading to strong economic returns.
- Community College Consortium for Open Educational Resources — The Community College Consortium for Open Educational Resources is expanding access to education by promoting awareness and adoption of Open Educational Resources (OER).
- National Center for Postsecondary Improvement (NCPI) — A research consortium of three universities' centers dedicated to helping employers, faculty, students, parents, and administrators negotiate the changing world of higher education by providing relevant information and analysis.
Select Research Publications and Documentation
- Advanced Technological Education (ATE)
- Research Experiences For Undergraduates
- Bolstering Non-Traditional Student Success
- Facilitating Postsecondary Education and Training for TANF Recipients
- 2016 Nationwide Benchmarking Report on International Business Education at Community Colleges
- Reporting on Internationalization at Community Colleges: The Presidents Role in Driving Internationalization